Budweiser Budvar, N.C. achieved very good business results in 2014, having sold a total of 1,457,000 hectolitres of beer, which is 2.5 % more than in 2013. These are the highest annual sales in the brewery’s 119-year long history.
“Last year’s results were especially helped by the export, which rose by 6% onto 813,000 hectolitres, being the highest in our history,” says Budweiser Budvar’s sales manager Robert Chrt. “We managed to considerably increase sales on our crucial markets in Germany and Slovakia. Many other countries also saw a rise in sales. Furthermore, we entered completely new business territories as well,” adds Robert Chrt. Last year, the number of export countries grew onto a total of 70, as the brewery newly began to export to e.g. the Republic of Congo, Kenya and Thailand. To compare, in 1991 the brewery exported only to 18 countries.
The increase in sales volumes along with a weaker Czech koruna had a positive impact on the growth of the beer sales. They rose by 7% onto a total of CZK 2,300 million.
The brewery was successful in other areas as well:
- several newcomers and seasonal beers were launched on the market, the most interesting undoubtedly being the super special beer called B:CRYO
- the redesign of all packaging for the Budweiser Budvar brand was successfully completed
- important lawsuits over the Budweiser trademark in Portugal and Norway resulted in victory
- the Czech and Moravian Brewing Academy awarded Budweiser Budvar with its Annual Prize for 2013
- Budweiser Budvar pale lager B:ORIGINAL received “Pivo, Bier & Ale” magazine’s Annual Prize 2014 for high quality beer in the long term
- 11°pale lager Pardál Echt was awarded a bronze medal in the prestigious competition World Beer Cup® 2014