Budweiser Budvar, N. C.
Budweiser Budvar Brewery has been one of the most successful food processing enterprises in the Czech Republic in the long term. Founded in 1895 under the name of the “Czech Joint-Stock Brewery”, it brewed its first batch on 7th October 1895. The brewery directly followed the historical tradition of brewing in the town of České Budějovice (Budweis) dating back to the 13th century – therefore to the days of the town’s origination when it was granted the brewing right. By the end of 1896, the brewery’s overall production reached 51,100 hectolitres of beer. Since its founding, the “Czech Joint-Stock Brewery” focused on making top-quality beer, which soon became a sought after export commodity.
is a successful continuator of the more
than 700-year old brewing tradition.
In 1897, this beer was awarded a gold medal at a trade fair in Stuttgart and by the end of the 19th century the brewery was exporting to Vienna, Trieste, Venice, Alexandria and Japanese Kobe. In 1930 a new trademark “Budvar” was registered for a new type of lager, soon becoming a synonym for top-quality beer.
Budweiser Budvar – Dynamic Company
The brewery is a dynamic corporation, as proved by many novelties and innovations that Budweiser Budvar regularly launches on the market. For instance, in the previous years Budweiser Budvar Dark Lager was introduced, so were Pardál lager and Pardál Echt premium lager. Budweiser Budvar has also been recently focusing on developing comprehensive tourist services. Budweiser Budvar’s Visitor Centre provides entertainment as well as education during the tours of the brewery’s production facilities or the multimedia exposition covering the history of brewing beer. Every year the brewery is visited by around 50,000 tourists from around the world. The brewery also runs several renowned restaurants, where guests can savour gourmet specialties of Czech and international cuisines along with perfectly treated beer. Probably the best known restaurant in České Budějovice is the Masné krámy restaurant, which was re-opened in 2007 following its reconstruction.